In Autumn, trees such as Maples and ginkgo turn to yellow and red color, which is absolutely beautiful and people enjoy the color every year in Japan. In Ishikawa, there are several great places to see autumn leaves including famous Kenrokuen garden. In this article, I will introduce 7 beautiful places for watching autumn leaves in Ishikawa.
- 1 When is Autumn in Kanazawa ?
- 2 Where is the best place to see Autumn Leaves in Kanazawa ?
- 3 Kaga and Komatsu area
- 4 Hakusan area
- 5 Conclusion
When is Autumn in Kanazawa ?
Autumn comes Ishikawa in beginning of September to early December every year. The weather is changeable so the temperature is significantly fluctuated, which actually make leaves beautiful vivid color.
Where is the best place to see Autumn Leaves in Kanazawa ?
There is no doubt that Kenrokuen Garden is the most popular place to see autumn leaves in Kanazawa. In autumn you can see autumn color, which are mainly provided by the cherry and maple trees and usually change colors from around mid November to early December. The annual light up event is held around 20th November, which is free entry and you can see gorgeous illuminated Fall leaves. Gyokusen-en Garden is also known as a beautiful place to see autumn colors. Visitors can enjoy a powdered green tea with Japanese confections and experience a Japanese traditional tea ceremony in Kanazawa’s oldest teahouse. (*subject to reservation)
- 【Name】Kenrokuen Garden
- 【Address】 1-4 Kenroku machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa
- 【Access】Bus： Kanazawa station →Kenroku-en (Katsurazaka entrance or Mayumizaka entrance or Kodatsuno entrance)
- 【Open】7:00～18:00（Mar – Oct 15）／8:00～17:00（Oct 16 – Feb）＊Shigureteiは9:00～16:30 （Last call 16:00）
- 【Close】 Open 365 days a year ※Shiguretei will be closed during Dec 29 – Jan 3
- 【TEL】 076-234-3800
- 【Admission fee】 Adult (over 18 year-old) 310 yen / Child (6-18 year-old) 100 yen / Senior (over 65 year-old) Free
- 【Parking area】Coin parkings are around the park
- 【Best season】 End of November to Early December
②American Maple Street (America Kaede Dori Street)
Aramata Gorge is selected top 8 scenic places in Ishikawa. There is a 400m short walking path in the gorge, which you can enjoy the view of amazing view of Aramata gorge and it takes about 10 minutes. This gorge is in the middle of Otani rever so it may sometimes a little bit dark in the gorge if the weather is not good. However, you can take fresh air and enjoy beautiful landscape in this hidden place.
- 【Name】 Aramata gorge (Aramatakyou)
- 【Address】Akasemachi, Komatsu, Ishikawa
- 【Access】Bus: Take Komatsu bus Osugi line at JR Komatsu station then get off at Aramatakyou (40 min)
- 【TEL】 0761-46-1919
- 【Admission fee】 Free
- 【Best season】 November 2nd – 4th